11 May 2017

Same and seasonal

We had a very beautiful day yesterday and I got my spring tilling duties done. I know I've posted photos like this many times before, but this blog is my record of life here for my own purposes. I often look back at past years' posts to see how things have evolved and whether we ought or want to make changes.


The other part of the record-keeping right now has to do with the dogs, of course. Here's a nice portrait of Callie the 10-year-old border collie that I took yesterday afternoon.


The two dogs are spending a lot of time together, both indoors and outdoors. Today will be an indoor day, because rain is predicted. That's also why I did the tilling yesterday — when the rain starts, often it rains every day for a week or even two. It's better to take advantage of dry, sunny spells.


I tried to take a nice portrait of Natasha, but she wouldn't sit still. "Squirmy" is the word that comes to mind. And then she's very curious about the camera, so she tries to lick the lens. See result below. I got a head start on the day today because 'Tasha woke me up at 4:30 this morning, and I thought I'd better take her out to pee and poop.


Finally, the peonies are blooming right now. There are 8 or 10 giant flowers on the bigger plant we have out along the path through the back yard.


Today's a cooking day. I'll spend the morning in the kitchen peeling carrots, turnips, and onions. Washing mushrooms. Cooking a veal roast. And taking photos of it all, probably. I may end up posting some of them, or not...

16 comments:

  1. With iris first, peonies come close second on my list of favorites flowers, this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same color peonies -- only three blooms this year, thanks to the late frost, I guess, but just as beautiful.
    I love seeing Callie and Tasha together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our bigger peonie has 11 blossoms — I just counted them — but the smaller one doesn't have any (yet).

      Delete
  3. If you look closely, you can see your reflection in Tasha's eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Tasha face ! If I lived nearby or if she were mine, she would probably be kissed a hundred times a day :)
    *ask the cats, it's true *

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bertie the black cat has been seen kissing Tasha the sheltie a few times, but he loses patience with the puppy's antics after a minute or two.

      Delete
    2. lol, Puppy antics are The Best :) Give them all kisses from me ..

      Delete
  5. Cutest Tasha picture yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful peonies - love the colour. Tasha and Callie are gorgeous. Can't beat a pups inquisitiveness !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous peony! One of my favorite flowers and their leaves remain good looking and weed suppressing all season. Hope you will post something about what you are cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at your top photo; my patch also contains just one last Swiss Chard plant that I hate to dig up.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?