31 December 2016

Fog and frost

When I went out for the walk with Callie yesterday afternoon, I took my camera with me. I wasn't optimistic about any photos I might take because it was so gloomy outdoors, and it was freezing cold. But it was worth a try. As always, you can click or tap on the images to open them at full size.


I didn't go out into the main part of the vineyard. I just walked around the hamlet, which is often my afternoon route. Part of the walk is through our neighbors' yard, because they are in Blois most of the time in winter.


Their big plot of land drops off steeply toward the south, and the downward slope is fairly thickly wooded. After the dog and I walk around there, we go back out onto the road and then turn off to the left to walk around the two parcels of vines that lie to the east and north of our property.


My fingers didn't freeze, and I took about 100 pictures! A lot of them turned out blurry, and some were so out of focus that I just deleted them immediately when I looked at them on my computer last night.


So here I am posting just 5, or 6 really, since one is a composite. Maybe they will give you an idea of what our freezing fog looks like as it settles on plants all around the are.


In a few minutes I'll be going out again — Callie needs her walk. I'll go out into the main vineyard. But it will be too dark for photography. We go as early as we can, at daybreak, and on recent mornings we've walked for 30 to 35 minutes and are back at home before the sun even comes up. The temperature is well below freezing right now, and I imagine it's still foggy.

12 comments:

  1. Brrrrr. Those photos tell a lot. Beautiful frozen nature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got back from my morning walk. It's even frostier and whiter out there now. It is beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Quite impressive photos. A few hours short of midnight here, I wish you a happy 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty....Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the icy photos. Happy New Year to you and Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful it looks. How cold ! Callie is so pretty, I love her color .. she must be good for snuggles on a chilly night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belles vues hivernales ⭐🐿⭐
    Franck et Chang et Futur BB et moi vous souhaitons la meilleure année 2017 possible 💟🐰🎶🌸🐺🌼🐇🐿🎶⭐💖
    Bises de Montréal 💖💕💞💟
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to you and Walt and Callie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures. Better the freezing fog settles on the plants than on us! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos. Makes me cold to look at them! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures. The first one is surely of an enchanted forest, probably one where there's a dragon living in a cave.
    Happy new year, and here's to a better year all around.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?