08 April 2015

Spring posies

I almost didn't recognize myself when I looked in the mirror this morning. That's because I got some sun on my face yesterday afternoon. I did some chores, and then I sat out back in the sun for nearly an hour. Walt did too. I haven't seen him yet to see if he has a shining face.


We have a yard full of primroses at this time of year. We've shown lots of pictures before. The primroses come back year after year, thanks to the woman who sold us this house 12 years ago. She got the primrose plot started back in the 1980s and 1990s. The plants come back year after year, in greater numbers.


The plot of grape hyacinths out front is one that Walt started eight or ten years ago. They keep spreading too. They seem especially pretty this year. To take the photos in this post, I used an old Panasonic ZS1 camera that I normally use for kitchen photos. I'm expecting delivery of a new camera today or tomorrow. It'll be the third I've tried since early March, and I hope the third time is the charm.

8 comments:

  1. Don't lose that old camera, Ken...
    those pix are crystal clear!

    Susan gave Pauline a lift back from the Clandestine Cake Club, yesterday....
    and commented that the muscarii... grape hyacinths... were having an exceptional year...
    your pic shows it...

    Good luck with the camera...
    and please list the ones that didn't bite the dog...
    for other potential buyers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toujours de très belles photos!
    Bravo et merci.
    Thierry Motte
    (Cannes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one grape hyacinth this year :) I don't remember even seeing it last year, but I assume that there must have been some in that spot when the previous owners lived here. Just one-- but, it's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the primroses- they are my favorite. I wish I could grow them here in Alabama. I do have a new bed of tulips which are beautiful right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken, I was going to say that you should have no complaints about this camera, but I see it's not the new one. That is a gorgeous blue, those grape hyacinths. Blue is so hard to capture but it's the color I most want color accuracy for.

    I am hoping for a new camera but don't want to pay as much as they (anybody!) are charging for the one I want, unless it's flat-out returnable. Who are you buying from who lets you return them after a few weeks' trial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon.com took back the first camera I tried (while in N.C.) and charged me only a $5 shipping fee. An amazon.fr partner vendor took back the second camera but it cost me €10 in shipping and insurance charges -- not a big deal on a €245 camera that I got to try out for about 10 days. As I said, I hope this 3rd camera will be a keeper. More about that as the story develops.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?