12 September 2017

La vie continue

Not much to blog about here. I'm watching storm reports on CNN, storm videos on YouTube, and weather maps and radar on Accuweather. I'm especially hoping to get good news from my friend who lives in Naples and decided to ride out the storm in her house with her two four-legged friends.


We just continue processing and eating tomatoes. Yesterday was a nice tomato salad with feta cheese and basil. And here is a photo of the latest batch of tomato paste we've made. Walt made sauce with red tomatoes, milled it, and then cooked it down in the oven to turn it into paste. Today we have to get that paste into sterilized jars, seal them, label them, and store them in the cellar for the winter. Life goes on.


Life is not a bowl of peaches for everybody right now, but around here some of the peach trees are full of them. I picked these off a tree, and up off the ground underneath it, over on the edge of the woods across the street. Nobody else is picking them. I picked them, and now I have to peel them and decide how to preserve them.

12 comments:

  1. I am keeping an eye on José. Let's hope he goes out to sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems so late for peaches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compared to the U.S. Southeast, this is a cold climate. Fruit ripens late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad those peaches aren't going to be wasted. It's a cold dark day here. We have lots of branches to pick up in our yard but no trees (we have many) have fallen. Tropical storm Irma is making her way North now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about your Naples friend too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing from our friend (Barbara) in Naples so far. I'll try to call her today and I'll see if she has phone service. Are you familiar with that Island Walk development where she lives?

      Delete
    2. No news so far. I just read an article from the Naples newspaper that said nearly all of north Naples, which is approximately where our friend lives, lost power. I hope that's the only problem.

      Delete
  6. Yes, we have to stay busy. I saw something on Merle's wall, where someone posted they were at the Arlington. Not sure what that is, but it sounds as if she might have evacuated. Let's hope we hear something more concrete soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ginny, I haven't seen that post about the Arlington, so I have no news. I guess all we can do is keep checking FB, unless one or both of us gets an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginny, I sent an e-mail to the Island Walk real estate agency. That's the development where Merle lives. I'll let you know if I get a response.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?