27 July 2013

I made it to the top...

...of the Tour Saint-Jacques in Paris. As far as the weather was concerned, it was touch and go, but it worked out, as you'll see from the photos below. This is just a preview.


First, here's the Tour (tower) seen from ground level, with the Seine in the foreground.
It's the white stone tower that's the tallest thing in the picture (at 16 stories).


And here's a close-up of the statue that you see on top of the column at Châtelet in the first photo.


Then, from the top of the tower, a classic view of Montmartre and the Sacré-Cœur.


Looking west and south at the Invalides church dome, CHM's neighborhood, and of course the Eiffel Tower.


Finally, looking south, with Notre-Dame and the Panthéon.


More to come, when I get back to my "real" computer at home. It ain't easy doing a full blog post on this Android tablet.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How jelly were your legs afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done... Pauline and I think the same as Susan!!

    And well done for getting a post out at all...
    rain now stopped there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that you made it up to the top of the tower. The view was worth it!!
    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, The climb was harder than I thought it would be, especially since the heat and humidity were so stifling.

    Thanks Tim, Pauline, and Virginia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these photos which I'll enjoy looking at when I need to see some Paris. You do well with your
    tablet. I'm going to start leaving my laptop at home, but I will miss it since it's like my left hand ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour Ken (et CHM). C'est un escalier en colimaçon qu'il faut monter? Ça donne de belles vues sur Paris, mais aussi le tournis, je suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos....as usual.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?