23 March 2006

Tired shutterbug

Our friends Chris and Tony from California arrived in Saint-Aignan on March 8. They left on March 12. Collette fell ill that very day. She disappeared on March 14. Susan from California arrived on March 15, and her husband Ray joined her here on March 19. They left yesterday, March 22, for Paris.

Those events cover a two-week period. And during those two weeks, I took approximate 980 photographs with my digital cameras. That's 70 a day, on average. My shutter finger is tired.

In a previous posting, I mentioned the châteaux we saw on Sunday, when we drove up to Chaumont-sur-Loire and then west along the river to Vouvray and then to Tours. Here, I'm going to post one picture of each château I took pictures of that day.

Le château de Chaumont-sur-Loire, one of the most famous attractions
in the immediate area, along with Chambord, Chenonceau, and Cheverny



Le château de Valmer, near Vouvray, is a wine château

Le château de la Côte, in the Brenne Valley north of Vouvray

Le château de Jallanges, near Vouvray, is a bed-and-breakfast inn

1 comment:

  1. Aren't they lovely?

    Thanks, Ken, 980 photos in two weeks is quite an achievement. I don't know how you have time to keep up!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?