05 January 2006

The fish counter chez Leclerc

Here's the picture of the fish counter at the Leclerc supercenter store in La Ville aux Dames, outside Tours. Actually, I didn't take it. I was there with my friend Cheryl, and she had her camera. I remember the people behind the counter laughing with us about taking such a picture. They thought we were funny. It was in June 2001.

The reason we wanted to take the picture was because there was an amazing wall of water -- water cascading down a glass panel -- between the display of fresh fish and the room where the employees worked to prepare fish for the display.

3 comments:

  1. The stores here are more crowded in July and August than they are the rest of the year. There are a lot of tourists, but I'm not aware of a lot of people who aren't French.

    At Intermarché (my favorite around here), Friday mornings are interesting (and can be frustrating if you are in a hurry) year-round. The store is crowded with local people who enjoy socializing in all the aisles and in the lines at the cheese, charcuterie, and butcher counters. They block everything up and make it hard to maneuver your cart around the store. It's fun to watch and listen to if you aren't pressé.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot how bad this photo was...

    the photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, for a snapshot taken with a little film camera with everybody laughing all around, it came out pretty nice I think. Hope you don't mind that I posted it. It's in the public domain now.

    K.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?